Current version: 0.4.1 (2nd April 2005)
Maintainer: Kenneth Strom
Based on: ZAngband 2.6.2
About this variant (written by Kenneth Strom)
RandomBand will have random monsters generated each new game,
but that will take a while to implement properly. If you have any
ideas, look in the lib\edit directory for the randbase, randtype
and r_unique files to see some of what will be used. I am always
looking for new ideas to use for random monster generation.
Some of the big changes...
- Randarts - No set artifact list, everyone will be a randart.
- Glowstones - perma light (shifting radius) and activate for one
of numerous ball spells. These were added to make sure that
some randart lights were generated.
- Chi Warrior / Chi Magic - More of an experiment trying to figure
out what was needed to get new magic, and classes working. They
are pretty decent fighters and have some very powerful magic,
but usually have to rely on fortification in the early game to
- Dungeons - Maximum size has been increased, but normal level
start small at the top and get bigger as you go down.
- Item Durabilty - Still working on this but most is implemented.
Basically everything has a value from (J) Junk to (M) Mint.
This is pretty much and index of the hit points of the object.
Each object has a different value, and you will see
deterioration. Artifacts wear out just like normal equipment,
but it takes a lot longer. Also, anything with a normal AC
value or a +AC value can absorb attack damage. This usually
won't stop all of the attack unless you have some really
powerfully enchanted items, but it can reduce damage easily.
The reduction in damage goes against the durability of the item
deteriorating it faster. Digging with a non-digging item can
quickly erode the quality of the weapon and end up
disintegrating it if used too much. (Note : No way to repair
anything exists yet, there will be in future versions.)
- Combat - Combat was switched to
(# Dice D Dice Sides) + (To D bonuses)
- Deadliness now play a more important role of determining chance
of critical hits.
- Mage Sensing - Works like Warriors normal pseudo sensing but
works on potions, wands, staves, scroll, rings and amulets.